Kony IQ - Beta Feature
Kony IQ is a chatbot designed to help Kony Visualizer users through their journey to create applications for various channels on Kony AppPlatform. The chatbot can assist users in various ways: building a binary, importing projects, searching for help materials on Kony Base Camp in a single query, and more.
Kony IQ interacts with users and provides answers for some FAQs. This chatbot can answer casual queries such as "how to upgrade Visualizer?" and "what is my Visualizer version?". Using Kony IQ, users can also get information such as the version of Visualizer and Fabric that is installed on their system.
The chatbot also helps users in optimization, translation, and in helping them complete many more time-consuming tasks with ease. It uses advanced AI algorithms to provide the best-suited recommendations that enhance users’ app-building experience.
Important: Users must have an internet connection for Kony IQ to work. If the network connectivity is lost after launching Kony IQ, users must reconnect to the internet and then click the Refresh icon in the chat window.
Enable Kony IQ
The Kony IQ feature is available by default for all Kony developers and users who are Early adopters of Kony Visualizer.
Non-Kony users (who are not Early adopters) can enable the Kony IQ feature manually. To do so, follow these steps:
Open the following Visualizer configuration file.
- For Visualizer Starter, the file is located at: <installation>\install_config.js
- For Visualizer Enterprise, the file is located at: <installation>\Kony_Visualizer_Enterprise\globalpreferences.json
Search for the enableIQChat key, and then set the value as true.
Note: To disable Kony IQ, set the enableIQChat key as false.
Save and close the Visualizer configuration file.
Restart Kony Visualizer.
The Kony IQ icon appears at the lower-left corner of Visualizer.
Interact with Kony IQ
In Kony Visualizer, you can find the Kony IQ icon at the lower-left corner of the canvas. When you click on the icon, a chat window opens; using which you can start interacting with Kony IQ.
To open the Kony IQ, follow these steps:
- Open Kony Visualizer.
- From the left navigation bar, click on the Kony IQ icon.
The Kony IQ chat window is displayed.
- Enter your query into the chat box. Kony IQ then provides an appropriate response.
Kony IQ responds in different ways based on the type of query entered in the chat box. The types of responses of Kony IQ when you enter a query are as follows:
- Provides an appropriate response in the chat window.
- Performs action on Kony Visualizer.
- Prompts for more information. In this case, Kony IQ requires more information to provide the appropriate response for your query. If you do not want to continue the conversation, you can enter cancel in the chat box.
Note: In Kony Visualizer, you can move or resize the Kony IQ chat window. Drag the lower-right part of the chat window to resize it.
You can also move the Kony IQ chat window out of Kony Visualizer. Click the pop-out icon at the upper-right corner of the chat window to move it out of Kony Visualizer. In the popped-out window, you can click the pop-in icon at the upper-right corner of the chat window to move it inside the Kony Visualizer.
Capabilities of Kony IQ
Kony IQ can perform the following tasks:
Kony IQ Design Suggestions
The Kony IQ Design Suggestions feature assists you to develop applications faster. Kony IQ predicts the UI of your form and recommends relevant designs. These predictions can help you to reuse existing components and designs, without having to create them from scratch.
For instance, if you design a form with two TextBox widgets, and one Button widget, Kony IQ predicts that you could be creating a Login form and recommends designs such as the Login component from Kony Marketplace.
Interact with Kony IQ Design Suggestions
While you are designing a form, Kony IQ compares the UI of the form with the existing designs from the current project and from Kony Marketplace. Kony IQ then generates a list of recommended designs based on the visual, textual, and widget hierarchical similarities of the designs.
When similar designs are detected, a Kony IQ bubble pops up on the screen. You can click Yes in the bubble to fetch relevant suggestions. The recommended components are displayed in the Kony IQ Design Suggestions window.
Depending on the source of the suggested designs, you can perform the following actions:
Designs from the Current Project
Navigate: Navigates you to the location of the design in the project.
Copy: Copies the design to the clipboard.
Replace: Replaces the existing design on the form with the recommended design.
Components from Kony Marketplace
Note: Kony IQ Design Suggestions is an offline feature. However, you must have an active Internet connection to download a recommended Marketplace component.
Click Turn off Suggestions in the Kony IQ bubble to stop the suggestions from being displayed. You can also enable or disable the design suggestions by using a command in the Kony IQ chat window. For example, you can enter commands such as stop design suggestions, and turn on suggestions.
The Generic search functionality helps you fetch data from Marketplace, Base Camp, and YouTube, based on the availability of results.
Here are some generic search queries:
- What is DBX?
- How to integrate FFI?
Kony Marketplace Search
The Kony Marketplace search feature is integrated with Kony IQ. Using the bot, you can search for components from Kony Marketplace, and import those components into your Visualizer project.
To fetch results from Marketplace, enter @marketplace <Text query to search in Marketplace>
Here are a few Kony Marketplace search queries:
- @markerplace Placelocator
- @marketplace login
- @marketplace Rangeslider
Kony Base Camp Search
The Kony Base Camp search functionality is integrated with Kony IQ. Using the bot, you can search for articles and documents in Base Camp. The bot shows a list of articles that are related to your query.
To fetch results from Kony Base Camp, enter @basecamp <Text query to search in Base Camp>
Some Base Camp search queries are as follows:
- @basecamp NFI examples
- @basecamp error in importing component
- @basecamp what is preprocessor?
The search in the Kony YouTube channel is integrated with Kony IQ. Using the bot, you can search for any videos on the Kony YouTube channel.
To fetch results from YouTube, enter @youtube <Text query to search in YouTube>
Here are a few YouTube search queries:
- @youtube banking
- @youtube creating a component
Kony IQ helps you translate your Visualizer project into different languages using the Google translate API. The bot converts the text in Visualizer project into equivalent i18n keys in the target language.
Translation can be done in two ways:
- Specify the target language: You can specify the target language directly in your query.
- Bot prompts the language: You can enter your query to translate the project without specifying the target language.
Here are a few queries about translation:
- Can you translate this app to German?
- Translate this app to Spanish
- Localize to Spanish
- Can you translate this app?
- Translate my app
Kony IQ helps you save time by triggering small actions on Kony Visualizer, using commands in the bot. For the list of Visualizer actions that are supported on Kony IQ, refer Visualizer actions.
Following are a few Visualizer actions.
Project Clean Up
Cleaning unused skins and actions from a Visualizer project improves the performance of Kony Visualizer at run time. Using Kony IQ, you can clean up the unused skins and actions from Visualizer project. It also gives the count of unused or duplicate elements, and provides an option to delete them.
Some queries about project clean up are as follows:
- Clean my project
- Sanitize my project
- Project clean up
- Clean unused items
Import and Export Project (Local/ Cloud)
The bot helps you import and export projects into Kony Visualizer.
- Import Project: You can import the projects that are stored in the local storage or on the cloud. When you import a local project, the bot shows a list of related local projects in the file explorer. You can select the project that you want to import. When you import a cloud project, the cloud account window appears. You can then select the cloud project that you want to import.
- Export Project: You can export a project to the local storage or to the cloud. When you export project locally, the current Visualizer project is zipped and stored in the local storage. When you export project to cloud, the current project is shared to cloud.
Here are a few queries about importing a project:
- Import project from cloud
- Import project from local
- Import project
- Export project
Import Component (Local/ Cloud)
You can import the following types of components into Kony Visualizer:
- Local components: These components are imported from the local storage. When you import a local component, the bot shows you a list of components in the file explorer. You can then select the component that you want to import.
- Cloud components: These components are imported from Kony Marketplace. When you search for a component from cloud, the Kony Marketplace window appears. You can search for a component and import the component from the Marketplace window.
Here are a few queries on importing components:
- Import local component
- Import component
- Import component from cloud
Using the bot, you can run your current project. The bot helps you generate a live preview by triggering the action directly on Visualizer.
Some queries about running the project are as follows:
- Run for iPhone
- Run for Android
- Run for web and Android
Kony IQ helps you build the current project for a required platform. You can generate the binaries by entering a build command in the bot. The bot triggers the build action directly on Visualizer.
Here are the queries on building your project for various platforms:
- Build project
- Build for Android
- Build for iPhone
- Build for Android tablet
- Build project for iPad
- Build for Android SPA
- Build my project for iPhone SPA
- Build for iPad SPA
- Build project for Android tablet SPA
- Build project for Windows 8
- Build for Windows phone
- Build for Windows phone SPA
- Build for Windows tablet
- Build project for Windows tablet SPA
- Build for Windows
- Build for Windows SPA
- Build for Desktop Web
- Build for Desktop Kiosk
- Build for Blackberry SPA
|| © 2013 Kony, Inc. All rights reserved.