Migrate a Project from an Earlier Version of Kony Studio or Visualizer
You can import projects into Kony Visualizer that were originally created using Kony Studio and earlier versions of Kony Visualizer.
If your project was created using a version of Kony Studio older than 6.0, you first must import it into Kony Studio 6.0 (with the latest hotfix) and then you can import it into Kony Visualizer.
- If your project was originally created using Kony Visualizer 2.5 that was then imported into Kony Studio 6.5, and you import it into the latest version of Kony Visualizer, the action sequences are not imported.
- If yours is a Kony Visualizer 2.5 or earlier project, importing it updates it so that it can take advantage of all the features of Kony Visualizer, but your earlier version of Kony Visualizer you will no longer be able to open it.
To migrate your application to Kony Visualizer, do the following:
- If your application is built in Kony Studio versions prior to 6.0, import your application to Kony Studio 6.0 GA version (with the latest hotfix applied).
It is recommended that you take a backup of your project before importing it into Kony Visualizer.
- After importing to Kony Studio 6.0 GA, do the following:
- Right-click on the project and select Utilities.
- From the options available, select Upgrade the project to the current version.
- A confirmation message appears. Click OK.
- Once the project is upgrade, export your application.
- Import the application to Kony Visualizer. To do so, on the File menu (the Project menu in Kony Visualizer Starter), click Import.
- Do one of the following:
In the case of a Kony Visualizer project, to convert designer actions to developer actions, select Copy 'Designer Actions' to 'Developer Actions'. Be aware that in doing so, any developer actions that the project contains are overwritten.
In the case of a Kony Studio project, to import its services to Kony Fabric, select Import services into Kony Fabric. In Kony Visualizer, all services are managed through Kony Fabric. Importing them adds them to the Kony Fabric workspace.
- If your project is located in a standard project folder structure (i.e. has not been zipped up as an archive (.zip) file), click the Browse button for Select project root, navigate to the root folder of the project you want to import, and then click OK.
- If you are importing an archive (.zip) file, click Select archive file, click its Browse button, navigate to the root folder of the project you want to import, and then click OK.
Important: If the app that you are migrating from Kony Studio or an earlier version of Kony Visualizer was configured with custom connectors, you need to migrate them to Kony Fabric as a consolidated service definition (CSD). For more information, see Migrate a Consolidated Service Definition to Kony Fabric in the Kony Fabric Console User Guide.
Click Finish. Kony Visualizer imports the project.
For projects imported from Kony Studio, all deprecated widgets found in the upgrade process are deleted from the application.
- Duplicate widgets are renamed automatically.
- Duplicate skins are renamed automatically.
- Reserved keywords are renamed automatically.
- You can find all changes in a log file located in the project root folder. For example, <ApplicationName>_upgradeLog.log. If there were no changes in the application, the log file will not be created.
- You must take necessary action on any of the issues in the warning section in the log file.
In the Migration Report dialog box, click Save. Locate and open the migration report, open the project in Kony Studio and, using the migration report to guide you, fix the issues. After all the issues are fixed, export the application from Kony Studio. Then in Kony Visualizer, attempt to import the project again.
- Ensure that you import the splash image when importing projects from Kony Studio. Importing the splash image will fix any inconsistencies related to Flex and VBox properties.
- Refresh of model files will take place if Import service to Kony Fabric is selected while migrating the app. If Import service to Kony Fabric is cleared at time of migration and later the import to Kony Fabric is performed then the refresh of sync client code will not happen automatically. In this case, right-click Kony Fabric in Project Explorer and select Refresh Sync Client Code option.
|| © 2013 Kony, Inc. All rights reserved.